Reporting on the regulatory landscape for cloud among APAC financial services institutions
This in-depth report provides regulatory analysis of where and how APAC’s financial services industry can adopt cloud.
There’s extensive coverage of updates in outsourcing guidelines among financial regulators across the Asia Pacific region. Plus there’s discussion and clarification of the impact of technology such as blockchain, fintech and other financial service developments.
- Asia Pacific (APAC)’s Financial Services Institutions (FSIs) are rapidly digitising their processes using cloud and new technology
- Cloud computing is shaping the way FSIs respond to new consumer habits, evolve to meet the needs of a new competitive landscape, and adjust to heightened compliance requirements
- The migration of core FSI systems to public cloud remains an area with untapped potential for efficiency gains
- FSIs have increasingly integrated technology into their day-to-day operations, with the regulatory landscape evolving to meet this trend
- Some APAC Regulators are clarifying outsourcing rules and guidelines to help firms achieve compliance, although regulatory restrictions and cloud adoption blockers still exist
- Bonus: ACCA’s 7 key recommendations for FSIs to adopt cloud services and where there’s room to improve regulatory landscapes